Brother MFC-9140CDN Can I safely ignore end of life warnings?

This colour multifunction laser printer seems to working well. However the driver suggests I change the belt, fuser, and PF wire as they are at the end of their life. Replacement parts cost a total of about $300, much greater than the value of a 5+ year old printer. This is perhaps why it was so cheap to buy used! I wonder what risk I am taking by ignoring these warnings, or if there are some cheap simple solutions. A factory reset may remove warnings, but I assume they are there for a reason.

More information, suggesting that end of life warnings may be over-cautious. This printer has done 80,000 pages, yet continues to print well. Either the belt etc were replaced at or before the recommended 50,000 pages and the end of life counters not reset, or the "end of life" items can work well at 160% or more of their "life".

I also do agree with You Sir. The best theory for maintenance in this case is unless it does not make noise(noise means some thing mechanical is wrong) let it run as it only gives a warning. If the replacement parts cost about 300USD, and the printer is not worth of it, repairing it is not economical in any case. As it is running and doing what You want, just be a little dumb as You have a wife at home who does every thing OK and just make a little bit noise is nothing to be worried. Look in to the bright side of it and run it carefully until it fails. If You are not feeding Your originals in to it no harm using it. As it looks like only scan to print All looks OK. Be happy and take care until it fails. I just add some humor to the post. So don't do feel bad if My example is bad. I do humbly apologize if I have made any one feel bad. So Sir wish You Best Of Luck.

I have come to much the same conclusion. However it seems amazing to me that 3 quite different consumables which Brother recommends be replaced at 50,000 pages might all still be working well at 80,000 pages!

Ask a Question