Brother MFC7804W No Longer Starts

Hello everyone,

I have a Brother MFC7804W Laser Printer/Coaier/Fax that goes offline and will no longer start. This printer was given to me several years ago as it quit working. Long story short, I replaced the toner cartridge and it's worked flawlessly for 10-years. A few weeks ago the printer would go offline, so I replaced the toner cartridge again and it worked fine for a few days; however, it no longer starts.

If I rapidly cycle the master power switch on and off several times, the screen displays 'Please Wait.' Sometimes the printer will eventually progress to where the screen displays the date, time, and resolution as it normally would when working. However, the screen eventually goes blank and none of the controls respond. Sometimes, the printer will attempt to start and begin clicking, but then shuts down. I read posts that instructed to remove the paper feed tray and power the printer back on, and others that instructed to remove and replace the toner/drum assemble while powering on the printer, but none seemed to do anything significant, and if they did it wasn't for long.

* Is this printer similar to my Epson Color Stylus 900 Injet, that finally displayed a message, "Your Epson Product Has Reached The End Of It's Service Life?"

* Could it be that I need to replace the drum assemble, as it currently has the original installed? I was told the heater might have malfunctioned, causing the printer not to complete its start cycle. Is this also a possibility?

* It there a replacable coin-type data back-up battery that might need replacing after all these years?

Anyone with knowledge on how to resolve this matter, I would really appreaciate hearing from you as I hate to throw this 'like new' appearance printer away.

Thank you in advance,
Mike

Last edited:

Ask a Question