Brother Printer "No Toner" error

I am new here and have googled the death out of this issue, so I'm hoping maybe someone has some idea if this is a fixable issue or a fault with the printer.

I purchased a brand new Brother Mono Printer HL-L2395DW. Straight out of the box I followed the set up, put in the toner and close the try and I get a "No Toner" message on the display screen. I took out the toner, checked and made sure everything was correct and it was and still got that message. I had another brand new toner, genuine toner for that printer, put it in and again same message!

I have taken it out so many times and tried again but no luck. I did the firmware update as well, still no luck. I googled online and its not rocket science on how to put toner in the printer, but I looked at the diagrams on the brother website and I've done it all correctly. Only one simple way to do it, so I've got that correct, but can't bypass this message. Brother website says need to use new toner not partial toner cause the printer wont reconise an used toner. However these being brand new toners I'm guessing maybe each time I've taken it out the printer now thinks it's an old toner?

I'm not going to the shop to buy another toner to see if a third one works. If I go to the shops it will be to return it and get something different. But before I do that just wondered if anyone has any tips and tricks on how to bypass this message so I can start to use my printer?

I haven't tried to call Brother cause it's Sunday and they won't be open, but by Monday if I don't have an answer I'm returning it!

Any suggestions?
Cheers
Brenza

Ask a Question