Calcomp Replacement Ink Tubing?

I have got a clogged ink tubing line in my Calcomp 5536 plotter and I found the correct water-based ink tubing which is 1.5mm in inner diameter that has solved the problem. I experienced real concerns because plotter repair companies would only sell me entire tubing harnesses (expensive at $125+) when I only needed a 4 foot section of tubing to fix my plotter.

The manufacturer is Saint-Germain and tubing trade name is Tygon. Two models of instrument tubing will work, where one is 3350 (sku ABW00002 and $expensive) .0162 diameter and 95609-36 which is 1.52mm. The minimum order quantity is $65.00 95609-36 for a 100' roll from www.coleparmer.com

None of the local plotter repair places bothered to look up this info because they only install pre-assembled OEM parts. Some were only interested in selling me a new model and did not have experience with these plotters. I finally talked to a local repair guy who gave me the story on finding the tubing and it worked!

Calcomp service manuals can be obtained from Loren.net, but I am still looking for a user manual...

Ask a Question