Can I make my new printer wi-fi?

What I know about printers you could fit in a thimble. Yesterday I received a new printer that I ordered. It is a HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dne. The ad says you can print from your phone and other devices. I assumed that meant it was wireless. It isn't. I called HP and they knew less than I do.

I cannot return the printer. Is there some easy way that I can make it wireless to work on my home network?

Joe

Hp sells a wireless hub for $269.
other wise it has to be hard wired.
You could install it off a wireless router and go that way.

Hi first You Need Connect your dedicated printing computer to your wireless router with an Ethernet cable.
In case you already have a wireless network set up, make sure your wireless router detects that network and connect your computer to it. If this computer will also host your network, make sure your wireless router is connected to your broadband Internet modem.

Now You Connect your printer to your print host computer using an USB cable.You Make sure that the printer is configured correctly and the drivers are installed on the host computer.
Turn on file and printer sharing on your printer's host computer. This is located in the Network and Sharing section in the Control Panel. You can find this either in the Networking section of the Control Panel or by doing a system search.

Locate your printer in the Printers and Devices window that you can access from the Start menu.
Right-click on the printer you want to share and select Printer Properties.

Click on the Sharing tab across the top of the Printer Properties window. Click to check mark the box labeled "Share this printer." The factory or manufacture name of the printer will automatically be pop Up in the text area directly below the check mark.Click on the Additional Drivers button in the Additional Drivers section at the bottom of the Sharing tab if you will be connecting computers that are using different types of operating systems. This will allow you to specify other drivers that can be installed on the other computers.

Leave your print host computer on so the other computers can print to the shared printer.
Connect other computers or devices to the host computer.
Navigate to Devices and Printers from the Start menu.
Click Add a Printer from the menu directly above the icons and below the Explorer location bar. Select Add a Network or Bluetooth Printer from the dialog window that Open In pops up.
Select the network printer from the list of devices that come up by double-clicking. The printer and its drivers will be configured on your new devices and you can begin printing to it.

Or
Install HP Printer softeare From HP Printer CD Come with Your Printer Or Download It From HP Printer Offical website,

If You Need Other Method To Connect Your new printer wi-fi Reply Me

I Hope You Get Your Frople Solved By Now X

Ask a Question