Cannot connect to HP web services

I do have a wireless connect and am able to print to my printer. I need to scan something to email but keep getting the message printer unable to connect to web services. The server might be down or unavailable. I have tried for 2 day but have yet been able to get it working.

Yes, it did work previously but I haven't used it in months.

I have tried the virtual assistant but it is junk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The printer is out of warranty, the model is hp office pro 6960.

Thank you

Ensure that your Wi-Fi network and printer setup meet connection requirements
a. Check your Wi-Fi network band: HP web services currently only support 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. If you are using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network, you will need to connect your printer to a 2.4 GHz network instead.
b. Check your Wi-Fi network security: HP web services require that your Wi-Fi network uses WPA2 or WPA3 encryption. If your network is using older encryption protocols, you will need to change the encryption to WPA2 or WPA3.
c. Check your Wi-Fi network firewall: Some firewall settings may block HP web services from accessing the internet. If you suspect that your firewall is blocking access, you may need to adjust your firewall settings to allow access for HP web services.

Check your printer's connection to your Wi-Fi network
a. Print a network test page: Most HP printers have a built-in network test page that can be used to check the printer's connection to the Wi-Fi network. To print a network test page, refer to your printer's user manual.
b. Verify the printer's IP address: The printer's IP address can be found on the network test page or by accessing the printer's web server. If the IP address is incorrect or cannot be obtained, it may indicate a network connectivity issue.

Restart your printer and computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary connection issues. Restart your printer by turning it off unplugging it for a few minutes, and then turning it back on. Restart your computer by clicking the Start button and selecting Restart.

Ensure that the printer is not connected to a computer with a USB cable: If the printer is connected to a computer with a USB cable, it may be preventing the printer from connecting to the Wi-Fi network. Disconnect the USB cable and try connecting to HP web services again.

Greetings,
Peter

Ask a Question