Canon i9950 problem

My elderly but excellent i9950 has developed a problem - it looks as though the magenta ink is not passing through the head nozzle, so colours are wrong. The test prints show no magenta block. Tried all the usual cleaning processes (apart from physically going at magenta "ring" on the print head) but no use. Canon say tough, out of date, no spare parts, buy a new printer... Grateful for any advice before doing so. Many thanks.

Have you tried replacing the Magenta ink cartridge? If you already did and the problem still persist, it could be the magenta print head is already damaged. There nothing we can do but to replace the print head.

Have you tried replacing the Magenta ink cartridge? If you already did and the problem still persist, it could be the magenta print head is already damaged. There nothing we can do but to replace the print head.

Fretz - thanks very much for the suggestion. Yes, I fitted a fresh sealed magenta cartridge and the problem persists. I had the print head replaced about a year ago, but it may well be that as you say the magenta channel in it is now faulty. I might risk replacing the print head again but it would cost about £100 for the part (unless you know a cheap source), and a new printer would be about £350 or more for similar quality printer (Canon Pixma 100S or 10S).

They do have ways of making you buy new stuff, don't they? But thanks anyway.

Jeff

Ask a Question