Canon IP2600 - not used in years - can I just replace the ink cartridge?

Canon IP2600 - not used in years - can I just replace the ink cartridge?

The title says it all really.
I haven't used this printer in 2-3 years. Can I just replace the ink cartridge and it'll work or do other parts require cleaning?

I'm happy to buy another cartridge if that's all that it needs. I did a search in Google but couldn't find much about whether it's usable or not.

Basically I'd like to avoid spending money on a new cartridge because if it doesn't work it's wasted money
I don't have great printing needs and the cost of a new printer is comparable to the cartridge relatively..
It'll cost me around £11-13 to buy a cartridge or it'll cost me around £25 to buy a new printer with a cartridge..

I'm not printing much hence why I haven't used it for so many years but to fulfil my printing needs now i'd rather spend less money on a cartridge if this is definitely going to work..

Thanks all!

Yes, you should be able to get away with just new cartridges. That printer has the print-heads built right into the cartridge, so you are replacing them when you get a new cartridge.

I would also check the ink pads, I'm sure they have to be dry and caked with ink.
I would run cleaning fluid they them (a mixture of IPA, ProGyl & distilled water) to flush them out. ;)

I would also check the ink pads, I'm sure they have to be dry and caked with ink.
I would run cleaning fluid they them (a mixture of IPA, ProGyl & distilled water) to flush them out. ;)

It actually prints ok.
I've printed about 20 pages give or take since, random stuff and it's been clean and printed ok so no complaints!

Ask a Question