Canon MF 5770

Greetings from a new comer.
I have been trying to find answers to my problem for over a year off and on with no luck so I went ahead and finally registered in a forum.
Probably the smartest thing is to just throw it out but where is the challenge in that?
Have a Canon Multifunction Laser 5770. About a year after I bought it and before the original toner cartridge was exhausted it quit feeding properly from the paper tray. It works fine for all functions and if you feed through the single sheet slot.
But, when you try to have it print via the paper tray it acts like it is stupid and tries to print more than one page (when it is a single page print job) and then remembers about half way through that it was only supposed to feed one sheet.
At first I thought it was a simple jam situation, picking up too many pages at once as that seems to be a real problem with this model. Accordingly I followed every piece of advice I could find. No joy.

Here is the kicker. If I print a one page job with only 1 sheet of paper in the tray it tries to pick up another sheet before the job is finished and jams.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question