Canon MF731Cdw Color Laserjet - Weird Smudges

This has been happening for about 6 months now and my troubleshooting research hasn't amounted to much. There seems to be out of place marks on the right hand side of the printed page. The marks are always present, but at varying degrees of visibility. Sometimes it'll be almost entirely not visible and other times it'll be as prominent as anything else on the page. It happens with both color and black & white prints. I am using the Canon brand toner cartridges. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

OXjkuWk.jpg

jRcotT8.jpg

kWIy7wB.jpg

Hi. Looking at the the smudge spacing it's almost like a drum is not being scrubbed clean of old toner leaving residue that gets 'printed' do the page. When was the last time the cartridges were changed? Maybe someone else more familiar with them will chime in but for now I can only suggest you contact the service department where you purchased the printer or call Canon Service & Repair. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ask a Question