Canon MP990 vs Epson Aritsan 810

Hi everyone.

I am a home user and in need of a printer. I print about 400 pages/month letter size in color. I have this crappy CX4800 printer, which prints at a rate of 0.5 page / minute and am thinking of buying a decent printer.

the choices I have are: Canon's MP990 and Epson's Artisan 810.

They both do duplex printing, thus saves quite a bit of paper.
Canon does duplex ADF scanning but Epson does not.
Epson takes popular CISS systems out there but I had no luch finding a decent CISS for Canon MP990.

Prices are about the same for both printers.

which one should I get?

any suggestions?

You can buy compatible ink cartridge for your printer.It seems that the ink cartridge for epson 810 is cheaper then Canon printer MP990.

400 Pages per month? What kind of coverage are you talking? 5%? 20% At that quantity, you might want to look into a low end laser printer. I'd suggest trying to find out how many pages you'll be able to print with one ink cartridge, and then how often you'll have to replace them. I seem to remember something about 2,000 pages or less on an Ink Cartridge; but that was with a standard Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black. List your priorities: is a low starting cost more important than low operating cost? Do you print photos?

Just do your research, I dont know much about inkjets, so I cant give you an opinion on either of the two you mentioned.

Ask a Question