Canon Pixma 8100 series printer

I bought a new 8120 Pixma Canon printer and it worked really well with my iMac and Leopard. I put in the new Lion software and even though the printer shows up everywhere it is suppose to.....my Easy-Photoprint EX software won't go into action. When I click the icon for it to go into action, it reads "error has occurred. Easy-Photoprint Ex will be terminated." Apply helped me for an hour and we did everything I did the night before a few times. The computer tells me everything is loaded and ready to go. The Easy-Photoprint Ex icons are up on my screen right now staring at me....and probably grinning. I've been told to contact Canon which I'll do tomorrow. Anybody have this problem with any of the Pixma printers running on iMac and Lion?

I have a Canon MX700 printer/fax/scanner and I have a very similar issue with Apple Lion.

I have a Windows 7 PC and Canon MX700 wired up to a wireless router and an Apple MacBook running OSX Lion connected over wireless.

Now when I used to have OSX Tiger, OSX Leopard and OSX Snow Leopard it all worked like a dream.

Now that I've upgraded to OSX Lion I can no longer get the software to make it work. Even though apparently the drivers are all included with Lion (and I've taken all the latest updates) I cannot seem to install the printer.

I have downloaded the latest Canon Network utility which seems to install the bonjour Scanner but just not a printer.

This is a real pain in the butt as I'm currently without a printer on my MacBook.

Any help would also be appreciated.

Ask a Question