Canon Pixma iP4300 Error # 2500 - Print Head Issues

Greetings all!

So I've had my Canon iP4300 for about 5 years and LOVE it. Unfortunately, I've been having issues for the last couple weeks. Recently, I had been using it daily to print out google directions for work. Then one morning (after just using it the night before) it didn't print and had an error. This error indicated that I needed to replace the print head. I didn't think much of it since it's 5 years old and they wear out after a while right? Right. . .

So I ordered one, replaced it, and now it won't print. I tried just installing the print head and immediately printing, but it didn't print all of the page - just a small part of the document in a streaky fashion. Since that didn't work I decided to go into the printer utilities and auto aline the print head, but then I got an error saying the nozzles may be clogged (error number 2500). So I did cleaning twice, then the deep cleaning (performing test sheets between each cleaning). I tried auto aligning again, but got the same error.

I should mention that whenever I "print a test sheet" it does not print correctly. There are lines going through every color and the black grid that should be at the top, doesn't print out at all despite the fact that all the ink tanks are at least 1/3 - full.

I tried doing the manual print head alignment, but that didn't work either. The samples it prints come out streaky and when I try to print a document it still doesn't work.

I have no idea what this actually does because there isn't a very good explanation of what it's doing, but I went through the steps in this video since I'm getting desperate trying to get my printer up and running again! www . youtube . com/watch?v=HxoH0c8QScU (It won't let me post links so I'm leaving spaces in the link. . . hopefully that will work and not get me in trouble. ;) )

I contacted Canon directly and they pretty much told me they can't help me over the phone/internet and said I need to bring it to a certified technician. If anyone can give me some advice or troubleshooting suggestions other than "bring it to someone" that would be excellent. TIA! :)

Ask a Question