Canon Pixma IP4300 problem

Hi:

For a couple of weeks now my Canon Pixma IP4300 has stopped functioning properly. The problem is that when I print from the CD tray the printer acts as though it's about to print something but eventually gives up the ghost and pushes the tray out again. Printer status stays live and then goes back to the screen that asks you to put the tray in to the reciptical. I do this and the same problem occurs, no matter how many times I try. Also I am now unable to print from the top tray, just pushes a sheet through without printing anything. It started out about a month ago where it would print out less and less of say a whole A4 picture, the live printer window would say it was still printing and then eventually print out the whole picture. Now though nothing. The bottom tray seems fine however. I've tried re-installing the driver, resetting the printer and looked inside the printer via the back tray and there are no sign of any blocks or anything obvious.

The printer head was replaced around a year ago.

Please help as I've bought loads of ink for this printer so would be reluctant in buying a new printer.

Ask a Question