Canon Pixma MG5250 scans and prints images wrongly stretched/contracted

hi!

i have a problem with my pixma 5250 which is an all in one. When i scan an image, what i get on my screen is an image with the correct width, but with a shorter height.

i have tried two different programs to print, tried updating the driver, fiddled with scanning settings on the printer, tried several different scanning settings in the software, tried different images, but to no avail.

When i try to print, however, it seems that the effect goes the other way round: now the images i want to print are strechted along the vertical axis, but still of the same width.

Anyone got an idea what could cause this problem? Is it a hardware thing? A driver malfunction? Maybe my OS (Win XP)? I must add that i have issues with my hard drive, and with my usb drives (i connect with my printer via wifi btw) .
Anyone has a clue? I'd be grateful.

if Drive has no problem ,it maybe the the port.Printer Properties - Port --- line with what the mouth of the selected port (LPT or USB)
Asked

What you see on the A-I-O's LCD screen isn't necessarily a good guide to what the actual fine contents are.

* But it should be close.

* After a scan, there should be a MyScan_YYMMDD.jpg somewhere, like in My Documents.

* If you open it just after the scan with something like Photoshop, Elements, or other viewer, what does it look like? Distorted?

* The scanner may have a setting for "aspect ratio", or vertical resolution vs horizontal resolution. Are these at default settings?

* If the resolution is supposed to be, for example, 9600x2400, but it is instead something different ... like 2400x2400, seems like you could get distorted results.

Ask a Question