Canon Pixma MG6150 Printer Inks

I am thinking of replacing my Epson stylus photo RX 500 with a Canon Pixma MG 6150. My question is regarding the cost of printer inks and whether there are any recommended, compatible inks for the Canon. I know that compatible inks are generally not recommended, and certainly not by the manufacturers who make their profits from the inks, however because of the high cost of inks, I have used Jettec compatible cartridges and found them pretty good. Has anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the cost of printing inks down?

Cheap Printer Ink Cartridges

I am currently using a Canon Pixma MP160 printer, until last year I was using the original manufacturer ink cartridges however I have noticed that the price of the originals have gone up in price so I have now switched to using genuine original re-maufacturered ink cartridges as I was recommed to by a friend. I now get my Canon ink cartridges from <link removed>, was very happy with there prices will be using them again no doubt. :D

I was going to let this one go however I just like to say this is the worst example of key word spamming I have ever seen and terribly poor forum etiquette.

jimtonic,

I am inclined to agree with you, but what makes it worse, is that he quotes the wrong printer, so the response was a total waste of time.

Thank you Billbir, I'm sure no-one has an issue with a link should it be informative or content relative.
In reference to your original question, the MG 6150 is one of Canon's newer models and as such when new printers are released, compatibles are not yet readily available. The MG 6150 does at least have seperate black, cyan, magenta and yellow cartridges, allowing you to just replace the one running low.
It takes the PGI-525bk and also the CLI-526Bk/C/Y/M range of cartidges. Hopefully with a bit of 'shopping around' you'll find a good online retailer.
I imagine compatibles will start being produced and start cropping up but it will take a little while....
Hope you found that a little more useful!

Ask a Question