Canon Pixma MG6250 black ink streak fault

Hi all. This is my first post (and already asking for help!) as I couldn't find a 'new member say hello area'. Good to be here anyway.

As the tongue-twister title suggests my Canon Pixma MG6250 all-in-one printer has suddenly developed a fault. It's failing to print black areas correctly, instead leaving unprinted streaks across the area. It mostly affects larger block areas of image, but also affects basic text sometimes too. I think it's only happening to the large PGBK ink cartridge (one of the six), but I'm not entirely sure.

I've had the printhead out and cleaned it pretty thoroughly using De-ionised water and a lot of patience. I also put in a brand new set of inks. After doing that the issue is not as bad, but it's still present.

Ive included 4 photos of the issue. The first two (and examples of the problem at its worst) were from before I cleaned the printhead, and the last 2 are after. I'm hopeful someone will recognise the fault.

I'd love to get the printer working again as I really like it, but if the printhead is damaged it'll almost be cheaper to buy a new printer.

Many thanks

Ask a Question