Canon TR4520 Printer Problem

I’m not familiar with your printer but for troubleshooting does it have power? Is it turned on? If yes turn it off, unplug it from the mains for a moment or two then plug it back in and let do its thing. When it’s finished try opening the document cover. Perhaps there’s some there’s some factory transport mode that needs to be reset to allow the cover to unlock.

This is all just a guess on my part but worth a try. Let us know how it goes.

Unplugging and plugging doesn't work. No transport mode. I've used the printer for 4-5 years with no hint of such a
problem as this. This is an "out of the blue" thing that has me stumped

Yeah, that's a difficult problem to diagnose over the internet. Perhaps it's time to get in touch with Canon support.

Canon apparently gives support only to products recently registered and that you know the date of purchase (even though they
acknowledge I have a Canon account). Balderdash eh?

The computer guru in my family was able to forcibly separate the platen from the cover. No signs of anything sticking them together.
No sign of binding in the cover hinges. No apparent reason why cover freely opened one day and seemingly couldn't be opened the next.

Ask a Question