Cartridges - "genuine" but "expired"

I'm seeing a lot of these on auctions, for my printer. I've had problems with the non-genuine ones, where I had to keep cleaning the heads or they didn't work at all. But the manufacturers' "genuine" new ones are unaffordable at $45 each. SO if it says expired in 2015, should it still be fine?

Depends on what you plan to do with the images, I'm still using expired cartridges on my hp 7920, the output is fine and mostly printing 8.5" x 11.0" images so no issues with quality and with moderate protections the images should last for decades.

No, these aren't artworks or anything - just routine office documents. But I've used 2nd party inkjet cartridges for years with this printer and they work fine most of the time, but every once in awhile they don't. THEN I found that there are genuine cartridges for sale on ebay, but technically past their "expiration dates". Like 2015, in this case. So I'm wondering if those should work fine. I just cant afford $45 for new cartridges, and these are more like $12. Seems like it beats the sometimes hassles with the generic ones, if these will work well.

Melissa,

Like you, I've wasted time and money with the 2nd party cartridges, usually spent more time trying to unclog and if that didn't work then trying to get my money back on any leftovers. I've had better luck with the expired cartridges and once those run out I plan to replace the printer with something new.

Ask a Question