Cleaning Epson R1900, then I heard a pop!

I have been cleaning my Epson R1900 that was in storage for almost two years. I started by using head cleaning kits and lots of windex. The test print page was coming along OK, getting better and better, but one print head was completely clogged and nothing was coming out after 5 cleanings.

I then started using compressed air, very gently, on that print head. I was using the compressed air when I heard a very distinctive "pop", like when you pop your finger out of your cheek pop, I assumed I had either caused a tube to dislodge or perhaps unclogged the head.

After plugging back in all the lights for cartridge replacement are on and have been on ever since. There is no sign of ink spilled under the carrier.

Is there anything I can do to try and diagnose what is going on? Disassembly looks very complicated based on the schematics I found online.

Thanks very much

Ask a Question