Color printing on old parallel dot matrix printers like Epson LQ 550

Hi
Thank You for reading and answering. I found in some shops color printing ribbons that are marked as suitable for Epson LQ 550(and other Epsons). It look like color ribbon is something of universal type despite black is designed for some models only. I found also that on some modern dot matrix printers from Epson they are used, but that printers are shipped with something looking like an additional printing head, that is inserted in space. I send email to Epson, but they answered if I remember good: We don't known nothing. There isn't even any driver on they site for this printer.

Printer have something unusual for me - a thing looking like pinout gate, when You remove old ribbon for inserting new. Also as I remember there is a slim hole(like for PCMCIA card?) that I saw also on some Star printer in old magazine from 1989, with card on photo.

Is this a way to get color or it is just an expansion for something other?

Ask a Question