Colour setting officejet 4650

Hi. I have a HP Officejet 4650 which has decided to change its own settings! It no longer gives me the option of choosing between greyscale or colour and just prints everything in greyscale. Can anyone help??

You dont indicate Operating System
If Windows, try this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click 4650 Icon -> Select Printing Preferences
Look for color or black only options (usually under advanced tab)

You dont indicate Operating System
If Windows, try this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click 4650 Icon -> Select Printing Preferences
Look for color or black only options (usually under advanced tab)

Thank you very much for responding. Unfortunately I have already tried that and there isnt the choice of color or black options anywhere that I can find. There never used to be a problem. there used to be a choice every time I printed anything but now that choice has miraculously disappeared! Very frustrating!!

Ok uninstall your printer. Follow this:

Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click 4650 Icon -> Select "Remove Device"
Re-install Printer Driver using HP install CD. Do Not interrupt Install Process

Some printer manufacturers require USB cable to be disconnected during install process.
See your HP manual for specific instructions.

Thanks you very much!! This has worked. There was a color/black & white option on the internet settings rather than the on the local printer settings. Thanks again!!

Ask a Question