Control Center 4 - copy custom buttons to another device

I recently moved my MFC from LAN to Wifi, and in doing so, I reinstalled the printer in Windows. Now, when I open Control Center 4, it shows two printer instances (the old one which no longer works, and the new one).

I had created a bunch of custom buttons in CC4 for the original printer, which still show if I select the old printer, but if I select the new one, the custom buttons do not show. I need to copy the custom buttons from the old printer's configuration to the new one. I tried right-clicking one of the custom buttons and choosing "Copy Button", but that just creates a duplicate button for the SAME printer.

Questions:

1) Is there a way to copy my custom buttons from one printer instance to another?

2) If not, can anyone tell me where the CC4 settings are stored in Windows (registry key or config file location), so that I can try to manually hack it?

I REALLY don't want to have to re-setup each and every individual button one at a time!

Thanks
Joe

Since I didn't get any replies, I was able to figure out how to copy the settings over manually. I'll post my solution here, in case it helps someone else in the future.

The Control Center 4 settings are stored in the following location (on my system anyway):
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ControlCenter4

Under that folder, there should be a folder with the name of each of your printers.

I just copied all of the files and folders from the folder for the old printer to the folder for the new printer and let it overwrite what was already there. The file copying got stuck part of the way through because ControlCenter4 was running, so I closed it via the context menu on the CC4 system tray icon. After doing that, I was able to click "Retry" on the file copying error, and it was able to finish. I then rebooted my computer, opened CC4 from the system tray, and all my button settings now appeared for the new printer instance!

Hope this is useful for someone else in the future!

-Joe

Joe,

I have looked for this fix through 4 Brother MFC printers setup. I resorted to making a screen shot of each of the custom buttons I created. The used them as templates to recreate for each printer. Thanks so much for the detailed information and a quick fix.

Oh by the way, a didn't have to reboot, I just ended the CC4 tasks that were running. Copied the files, then ran the Brother Utilities, selected Control Center 4 and when it opened I saw my custom buttons.

Thanks again,
-Tracey

Ask a Question