Easy Photo Scan "Cannot find a driver..."

I just purchased an Epson XP-640 all in one. I ran the setup on the included DVD, but when I try and run Easy Photo Scan, I receive the error:

NoDriver.jpg

I also receive this error when trying to run Event Manager:

NoDriver2.jpg

I can print and scan using Epson Scan 2, so I know the printer/scanner do work.

Any ideas?

Yep, you interrupted the install process. You dont indicate what OS.
Navigate as follows:
Control panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click XP-640 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Run your Install DVD again. Carefully follow on screen instructions. Follow your install foldout sheet provided with your printer. Believe USB cable must be disconnected for install process. Read your instructions.

You can also download your drivers here:
https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-640/s/SPT_C11CF50201
Be sure to type in your OS at top of page in window
Good Luck

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.
I read and followed all the instructions. When setting the printer up, I used the CD that came with the printer. It detected that there was a newer version and downloaded/installed from the internet. As I mentioned in the OP, after the initial install I was able to print on paper & DVDs and scan (using Epson Scan 2).
I followed your link and download/installed the individual programs, but I still get the same errors. It would be nice if the error message was more specific, i.e. which "scanner driver" and "driver".
Since the Epson Scan 2 program works, I'm assuming some scanner driver was installed.
BTW, I'm using win7.
Thanks again.

Mr Tomlin: Please navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers
Do you see only one XP-640 Icon or more than one? One will have Green Check, but are there others?
Go to Start -> All Programs
Look in both Epson Folders
Do you see only one Epson Easy Photo Scan or more than one?
Await your reply

Regards

Thanks ruffin.
Only one icon shows - see attached
The EPSON folders are as shown. The arrows indicate which programs work. I CAN print from other printers on the network.

Printers.jpg

EpsonProgs.jpg

Mr Tomlin: Looks like computer and software are just fine with exception Easy Photo Scan.
I was looking for duplication, but see none. Thats good!
So please follow through with these instructions:

Navigate Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Highlight Epson Easy Photo Scan -> Click Uninstall

Re-boot Computer

Download Epson Easy Photo Scan Version 1.00.10 to Your Desktop. Download from here:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-640/s/SPT_C11CF50201

From Your Desktop, Click Easy Photo Scan Download to Initiate Install - Do Not interrupt install process.

Re-boot Computer

Click Start -> All Programs -> Epson Software Folder -> Right Click Easy Photo Scan -> Select "Send To Desktop
Create Shortcut"

Now Click New Shortcut to Start Easy Photo Scan application

See These Links:
https://files.support.epson.com/doc...ware/Tasks/starting_scan_easy_photo_scan.html

And this Link:

https://files.support.epson.com/doc...photo_scan/starting_scan_easy_photo_scan.html

Advise

Last edited:
NoScan.jpg

Still no go. I'd already tried that but thought it was worth another try. I'm going to try Epson's support (if they have one). If they can't figure it out, I'll take it back to Staples. I had a Brother "All-in-One" before this and had no problems whatsoever setting it up. I even had it working on my networked Linux machine and could scan within "Gimp" to create a file to work with. I think Epson should publish a checksum file. It might be corrupted or something.

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Thanks!

It would be better if you download the driver online and search for specific Epson product. Otherwise remove the bad driver first from the PC and the reinstall.

Ok. Sorry we could not be more help. Really dont think your computer is at fault.
The printer driver and other Epson software are working. Like you, suspect Epson
may have bad or corrupted application download. Good luck with it.

One more idea. Would it be worth a try to disable your Anti-Virus and Windows Firewall prior to
initiating re-install of Easy Photo Scan. Just a thought. Maybe disconnect Internet/Modem cable too.
Make sure you uninstall Easy Photo Scan first.

Hope you solve it soon. Cant sleep at night!

Ask a Question