Edge to Almost Edge Issue

Hi guys, I’ve got a problem here with an HP 8210 that is meant to be able to print edge to edge. What I’ve been able to do in testing this feature out is to get a small border printed that reaches the edge on all sides except for the leading edge of the paper (the one that’s in front during the printing process). And more often than not, the opposite edge (tailing) is blank due to the fact that the border I’m printing falls outside that edge. I’m okay with that since I can move that side of the border upwards on the design, but this won’t work on the leading side.

Furthermore, I can tell that the border is printing crooked, one side sitting less than 1mm lower than the other, sometimes less, and neither actually touching the edge on the leading side mentioned above. To make things even more interesting, when the tailing edge does manage to show some of the border and the border happens to be parallel with the edge of the paper on both the leading and tailing ends, the border on the LONG sides is clearly crooked.

So it seems I’m having problems both with the print coming out crooked and with the print coming out about 1mm too low/high (depending on perspective).

I’m using letter paper, with fullbleed selected in the print dialogue. I’ve fidgeted a little with the guides in the print tray, but there is no notch exactly fitting the paper - either too loose or too tight. I’ve also had to reduce the height of the print (not width) by a very small increment in the printer dialogue (I’m using GIMP for this project) in order to get as close as possible to borderless.

Hopefully this makes sense. I imagine the fix is simpler than the explanation of the problem. Thanks guys.

Ask a Question