Epson 8550

I only had my Epson 8550 for less than two weeks and decided to return it while I still could.

I want reliability and it kept telling me the rear paper feeder was out of paper when it wasn't. The only thing I could find online was to clean the rollers with alcohol, but there were A LOT of others with the same problem!

I pulled the thing out in the back where you squeeze it in from both sides and found one larger roller and a little one, but I'm sure that wasn't enough. It printed four pages after that and then gave me the same message again. :(

There are instructions in the back on the bottom, but I couldn't understand what it was saying and it's very difficult to even see it.

Does anyone know what it is saying to take apart back there and know how to do it?

I spent a lot of time learning to use this printer and I thought I might even want to get the 8500 instead, but I also don't want to have to need to be taking it apart less than every two weeks either.

It also won't print borderless on cardstock. In fact, I never got it to print on the cardstock setting. I printed my cards on the same cardstock Staples uses. The photo I printed looked ok if I didn't know better, bit when Staples printed it, it was much darker and nicer. I'm thinking it's because the printheads would be at a different level on that setting. Any thoughts on this too?

Thanks!
IMG_2314.jpeg

Last edited:

Ask a Question