Epson 8550 13x19

WJS

I have the Epson connected to a Mac laptop. When I try to print a 5x7 for example, it is a hit or miss process. Sometimes is prints out the full 5x7. Most of the time it just prints a strip of the picture. I can copy a photo and it will print full page so the printer functions. I spent 3+ hours on the phone with Eposon with no solution. Anybody have advice?

I just got the et-8550. How are you connecting the Mac to the printer. These are the thoughts I have....
Are you printing wirelessly. Maybe it is loosing the connection to the router. At first I was unable to get my printer to connect reliable to my network. It is working now I found out that you can't turn off this printer by hitting the power button I just leave it on and the printer will go into power save mode. But I just got my print less than a week ago and have only printed from my iPad Pro. I did read a few reviews that said there might not be drivers for the Mac. But then Epson has drivers up to Mac os 14 on their web site. Things you might have already tried... Uninstall and redownload the drivers off Epson web site For your version of Mac OS. I have the M1 Max MacBook Pro. And make sure you tried connecting it through a USB cable as well as through wireless as well as transferring the photo to an SD memory stick to see if that works. Also try 8x10 and 4x6 to see if those paper sizes also have an issue. It sounds like it is just getting stick so to speak. If it is just Wirelessly that it does not work then it might be a bug. My old epson printer just started to not even connect to my Wireless router and my ipad and mac wirelessly or even by a cable it still would not work at all. The only other thing you can try is sit the printer right next to the router to make sure there is plenty of signal strength.

Ask a Question