Epson Artisan 837 - Magenta Cast on Fine Quality

I have an Epson Artisan 837 that is printing with a pink/magenta cast, but only on fine quality. It does not seem to matter what program I use; I have printed from Google Docs and from Adobe Acrobat using the system dialogue. In both cases there was a magenta cast on fine quality, and no magenta cast on normal quality. I've also printed from Google Docs' own dialogue, which seems to be roughly normal quality, and again there was no magenta cast.

I have tried all of the color modes and color management settings available in the system dialogue, and print quality seems to be the only deciding factor. Does anyone have an idea of what could be going wrong?

It may be clogged. Run a head cleaning process a few times and try printing normally again. If that doesn't make the results better, place a windex/ipa soaked towel physically under the printhead and let it rest for 15 minutes to overnight. Pulling the towel from side to side while soaked like you're shining a shoe. Run the head cleaning process a couple more times to get ink flow restored and you should be fine.

Ask a Question