Epson C3500 ink adjustment

Hi All,

This is my first post.
I have an excellent Epson Colorworks C3500 printer now since 6 months or so.
I am using Nice label 5 software.
Until now I have been printing on rollfed 1 1/2 x 3" matte paper labels.
When trying sale size but glossy paper labels it appears as there is too much ink applied as it smears and bleed into each other at edges.
I have tried all different media settings from plastic to paper, glossy and matte to no avail.
Any other leads here please?

Your glossy paper labels dont absorb the ink. Consequently, ink sits on top of paper, allowing ink to run.
Unfortunately, no fix for such. You might try different brands of labels.

Last edited:
Well, I thought just that too, but then on the other hand it is supposed to be possible to print on synthetic media which I would imagine being less absorbent than glossy paper.

Depends on what synthetic media made with.
Example: Glossy photo paper does absorb ink and will not allow ink to run.
Good luck.

It is not the media it self that absorbs the ink, it is the coating on the media. There is a lot of bad media without (the correct) inkjet coating.
I would advice to check the media of Epson original or Diamondlabels

It is not the media it self that absorbs the ink, it is the coating on the media. There is a lot of bad media without (the correct) inkjet coating.
I would advice to check the media of Epson original or Diamondlabels

The Epson media must be the best to use, but it is very expensive. I was hoping for a way to reduce the output of ink from the printer to reduce the bleeding of colours into each other.
Having tried all settings available from the accompanying software I see no major difference from one to another.

It depends, what is in your opinion expensive and what is the goal of the labels.

Glossy paper, or inkjet media in general is expensive compared to thermal label materials. This is a result of the inkjet coating that is needed to accept the ink.

If the color brightness isn't very important there are some thermal transfer media that accept the ink but the color deepness decreases and they aren't water proof.

Ask a Question