Epson continuous ink systems

I've got a continuous ink system for my Epson PX710W. The snag with all these systems is that they require a set of tubes to be fed from the external ink reservoirs to the inside of the printer to feed ink to the replacement cartridges. On my printer the sensor that detects that the scanner unit is open has become exceptionally sensitive so I have to ram the scanner unit lid down hard, cutting off the flow of ink. So I get patchy prints. It even looks like the lid is made so it closes with a scissor action, worsening the problem. Has anyone found a solution?
My thoughts are:
1) If anyone knows what the sensor operates (a switch of some sort I assume) then I could fox that. I've seen posts that suggest where it is on other Epson models, but I can't find it on mine.
2) Maybe it would be possible to cut away some of the plastic from the scanner unit lid to alleviate the 'scissors action'. Has anyone done this?
Thanks in advance for your advice! Alan

I've made holes and notches in plastic panels to make room for CISS tubes with a hot soldering iron and it works great. Also, it's best to remove the panel first if you don't know what's behind the panel. It might be something important that could get damaged by the heat.

Ask a Question