Epson Ecotank - ET-7750 print pad (don't know the name) replacement?

Periodically I was getting black smears on my prints with my Epson Ecotank ET-7750. Someone on here mentioned to stop the print head so I can access this thing, which I assume allows excess ink to drain off the print head, and blot off all the excess ink. I don't know if it's not draining properly (new maintenance box) or what. It looks like it lifts off to replace it. Does anyone know?

This part is a part of the ink pumping system, and it is also important for keeping the print head in working order. The exact name of this part is "INK,SYSTEM,,ASSY,CG16,IEI" and it has a part number of "1725548".
However, I don't think that the occasional dark spots on your prints are due to this part. We need to look at your problem in more detail, what paper are you using, what print settings are you using, and how often does this problem occur?

No that's exactly what is the problem. It builds up a puddle of ink on that pad which the head picks up and leaves ink smears (not printed on, just globs). Then when I blot it up, I have no issues.

Ask a Question