Epson ET-15000 (Ecotank) failing during startup. (Error 000031- Video Link Inside)

Video First:

This happens when I try to boot it up.

Epson ET-15000. Used ~780 prints flawlessly, then suddenly this issue starts. Any ideas? No paper is stuck that I can see.

Ad

Advertisements

That looks a lot like the C84 when the sensor board that reads the horizontal position of the printhead has disconnected or gotten a short at the connection point where the ribbon cable connects in.

I don't have an ET-15000 to check nor a service manual but the behaviour of the printhead and that speed left + screech was classic "blind printhead" of old.

Having a total brain fart trying to remember the correct part name for the strip and sensor but hopefully that's of some help.

Video First:

This happens when I try to boot it up.

Epson ET-15000. Used ~780 prints flawlessly, then suddenly this issue starts. Any ideas? No paper is stuck that I can see.
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your printer? Mine has started doing this and I have no clue how to fix it.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question