Epson ET-15000 (Ecotank) failing during startup. (Error 000031- Video Link Inside)

Video First:

This happens when I try to boot it up.

Epson ET-15000. Used ~780 prints flawlessly, then suddenly this issue starts. Any ideas? No paper is stuck that I can see.

That looks a lot like the C84 when the sensor board that reads the horizontal position of the printhead has disconnected or gotten a short at the connection point where the ribbon cable connects in.

I don't have an ET-15000 to check nor a service manual but the behaviour of the printhead and that speed left + screech was classic "blind printhead" of old.

Having a total brain fart trying to remember the correct part name for the strip and sensor but hopefully that's of some help.

Video First:

Epson ET-15000. Used ~780 prints flawlessly, then suddenly this issue starts. Any ideas? No paper is stuck that I can see.
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your printer? Mine has started doing this and I have no clue how to fix it.

Any answers? How to fix. Mine also started with this thing.
Any answers? How to fix. Mine also started with this thing.
Turn you printer off and restart, during the restart phase unplug the printer. Wait for a couple of minutes before you plug it back up. I think this might reset the setting or something, it should work like normal. This is how’ve got mine to start printing again. Hope that helps!

Video First:

Did you ever figure out what the problem was. Mine started doing the same thing today.

I had the same thing happen to me so I brought it to the service center because leaving it unplugged did not do anything. According to the technician the problem was there was grease on the transparent ribbon. After he cleaned it all is well and running again.

This kind of error can happen when the head loses track of where it is. It could be a dirty ribbon that runs behind the head. Or possibly the metal bar the carriage runs on needs a drop of oil if there is any friction. It could also be a loose ribbon cable or faulty sensor or board. Anyway, the easiest thing to try is to carefully clean the ribbon with Windex. If you don't want to remove the cover try and bend the head of a q-tip at right angles and slide it across the front and back of the ribbon

Kind regards
Chris

Video First:

Mine is new and after trying to change the ink to sublimation and putting it back together, my printer is doing the same noise as yours and I haven’t even printed with it yet except maybe three times with regular Inc. before I started to switch

Ask a Question