Epson et-7750 print heads never stay aligned?

I have an Epson ET-7750 eco tank printer and I don't print very frequently. It works great most of the time, but if I haven't printed in a while I start getting horizontal banding in whatever I print. I usually need to run the cleaner about six times before I get normal printing. It was to the point I had to change to the extra maintenance box it comes with because it was full of ink (from cleaning). Then it will say it needs to run the Power cleaner, which Epson's website makes sound like your setting off the printer equivalent of a nuke and could damage your printer, which makes zero sense! I've owned probably five or six printers in the last 20 years and never had a problem, even with other Epson printers.

D

Deleted member 14725

I have an Epson ET-7750 eco tank printer and I don't print very frequently. It works great most of the time, but if I haven't printed in a while I start getting horizontal banding in whatever I print. I usually need to run the cleaner about six times before I get normal printing. It was to the point I had to change to the extra maintenance box it comes with because it was full of ink (from cleaning). Then it will say it needs to run the Power cleaner, which Epson's website makes sound like your setting off the printer equivalent of a nuke and could damage your printer, which makes zero sense! I've owned probably five or six printers in the last 20 years and never had a problem, even with other Epson printers.
I don't owe that model, but doesn't sound like an alignment issue (title), sounds more like ink drying on the print head and clogging the nozzles, that's why it needs the cleaning cycles, and that's why it works after, as you say, running such cleaning 6 times (that's a lot).

Possible influencing factors: ink, temperature, humidity/dry air, failing print-head cap and thus letting air get in contact with the print head and ink when printer is off, and too much time without use. Could be one or more of those things at the same time.

I would try to print a full color picture at least once every month, printers need to be in use to keep the ink flowing. Additionally, I would switch to another type of ink, pure DYE. Epson technology is piezo, so it supports other types of ink.

Thanks! I guess I'll try to print something out every week or so and see if that helps. I just got the printer about two years ago and still have half the original ink and a whole section batch it came with. If printing more regularly doesn't help I'll try switching ink.

Whether the printer is not printing correctly, facing an ink problem, showing some error message, or experiencing any physical issue, you must resolve all of them. As you all know, it encounters several issues, and below are some of them. Read the following Epson printer errors and its step-by-instructions to resolve them.

Error 1: Epson Printer In Error State Problem​

In this problem, an error message is received saying that the printer is in an error state. Multiple causes can be behind it, such as improper network connection, spooler services error, etc. When you deal with this, using the below solutions will be beneficial to overcome it.
Contact us for more information

Ask a Question