Epson Expression XP 432 Printer closes down after 12hrs

I purchased the above printer as I got fed up with my HP printer.I don't print every day but when I do want to print I find that the printer has shut down completely. I checked through the settings and found that you can adjust it to how long before it shuts down, max being 12 hrs, so I set it to this setting.
The problem is I am disabled and having to get up and go and turn the printer on every time I want to print something is a pain to say the least.

Is there any way of stopping this happening so the printer is on all the time please??

Ad

Advertisements

Keith: Not sure my Epson 730 printer will have same functions as yours. However on mine, the time adjustment only sets the time before sleep mode activated. I can send file to be printed via my computer and printer will awake by itself and print the file. I do not have to touch the printer power button. The printer will then go back to sleep at preset time. I leave my printer powered on all the time, except summer months, when we have bad thunder/lightening storms. My printer is wireless and talks to my computer via the router. Hope this might help you, but maybe not. Regards

Thanks Ruffin, I will go searching again, but the setting i have found so far is a complete shut down not sleep.

Ad

Advertisements

Hi John Mark, many thanks for your reply, the only problem abut calling you is that I am in the UK not the US, and the costs of International calls are very expensive. I appreciate your offer... Thanks Keith

Ask a Question