Epson printer unable to print envelopes

I have just purchased an Epson XP 6000 printer and am unable to print envelopes. I am advised each time I attempt this action that the CD/DVD is not correctly loaded. To undertake this action it is necessary to load a CD/DVD into a tray under paper tray number 2. All attempts fail. Any suggestions that might overcome this problem.

John: Dont think CD/DVD has anything to do with printing envelopes. Could you have misread instructions?
Leave your CD tray in storage position and follow envelope print instructions. Trying to locate manual. If successful, will try to help.

John: Dont think CD/DVD has anything to do with printing envelopes. Could you have misread instructions?
Leave your CD tray in storage position and follow envelope print instructions. Trying to locate manual. If successful, will try to help.

Thanks for your reply. The Epson XP 6000 is a new printer in U.K. I don’t know if it has been available in US for some time. The instruction manual is some 230 pages (albeit small pages) long. It makes it very clear that it is not possible to print envelopes before inserting a CD/DVD into the second paper loading tray. Does not make any sense to me either. Thanks anyway for your comment

Six years later, I'm having this issue with envelopes and Avery labels. The printer is asking me to insert the CD/DVD tray. I thought it might be a bug in an update, but it appears this has been going on for years.

Ask a Question