Epson R280 will not turn on!

I joined these forums to hopefully get an answer to my problem or for someone to lead me in the right direction. I have an Epson R280 and the printer head was clogged. It was sitting for around 2 years without being used. I had to take the whole printer apart because cleaning agent wouldn't even pass through the black. I carefully removed the printer head and needle fed isopropyl alcohol through the passages eventually clearing the whole printer head of dry ink. I put everything back together thinking I was good to go and printed one test page. Then the printer died. It shut off before finishing the print and now when I press the on button the green light flashes once, dims, and I hear this high pitched electronic noise coming from the power adapter in the back. I took the circuit board out of the black box that the power connects too and used a voltmeter to check. There is not a complete circuit from the power connection to the cable that connects to the printers main board. I have a feeling it is a huge coincidence or the head overheated from not having any ink to cool it. My first guess was the unit PC123 where I noticed the voltage cut off. It is an optocoupler which keeps overvoltage from killing other components. I am going to replace this today but have a feeling it is not going to work. If anyone has heard of a problem similar to this or may know what to do please help. I want to avoid spending any money on this printer but I know how useful it is and do not want to throw it out. Thanks

Same printer, same issue here.

I too just finished removing/purging the print head on my Epson R280. I did this once, and the test print indicated the nozzles were not fully clean... I took out the print head again and this time successfully cleaned the nozzles. But now the printer will not power on.

When I press the power button, I hear a split second hi pitch chirp. Upon close analysis, I can hear this chirp coming from the vertical PCB that the USB plugs into.

Also when I press the power button, the amber LED above the Paper feed (button on the right) flashes for a second and that's it.

Thanks for any help.

Ask a Question