Epson Stylus R1900 Unwanted Driver (ESC/P-R)

When I moved from XP to Windows 7 I used the software disk which came with my Epson Stylus R1900 printer to connect the printer to the system - It worked fine with full access to the advanced Properties provided by the printer. However, I recently decided to download the latest R1900 driver from the Epson Support web site. Subsequently, the available printer list no longer shows the 'R1900' but does show 'Epson ESC/P-R'. This driver does allow the printer to operate at a basic level but does not give access to the advanced Properties, e.g. the paper type or the ink settings for photo printing cannot be seen or set. Clicking on the Find Printer Button results in the message: 'The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable' - whatever that means! I have tried to reload my original printer software disc which I know contains a perfectly good R1900 driver but the ESC/P-R driver remains in place making an expensive printer not fit for purpose. I would be grateful for any advice on how to remove the 'latest' Epson driver and replace it with the original driver which came with the printer.

Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click R1900 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Re-boot your computer
Icon should no longer show in Devices & Printers
Since you may have install printer driver twice, remove any remaining R1900 Icon same process.
Re-install printer using install Cd
Advise

Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click R1900 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Re-boot your computer
Icon should no longer show in Devices & Printers
Since you may have install printer driver twice, remove any remaining R1900 Icon same process.
Re-install printer using install Cd
Advise
Yes, this fixed the problem I had. A little knowledge can fix a lot of aggravation! Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to sort this for me.

Ask a Question