Epson Stylus R2880 can't be installed again - mysteriously stopped working!

HI,
any thoughts on this bizarre issue I'm having? I have used my 2880 without problems for two years on my Windows 7 home premium OS machine. Last printed 10 days ago. Wen't to use yesterday - no go. Finally uninstalled and tried to reinstall. Kept getting connection error. Changed USB printer cable, no change. Tried on my son's Windows 10 machine, instantly picked up and works fine!

So back to my machine. Checked print spool operating correctly, yes but not showing the 2880. Downloaded driver again from Epson UK. Run the file and it confirms it's the driver for 2880 and I accept agreement. BUT then I get message - 'The printer may not be properly connected or a different printer may be connected'. Going round in circles.

I've even deleted 80GB from the SSD as it was pretty full and I read that could be an install issue.

I'm blessed with plenty hair but it's about to be pulled out! Any help appreciated,

cheers
Andy Martin

You must un-install printer driver first.
Follow this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click R2880 Icon -> Select "Remove Device"
Now re-install printer driver using Epson install CD. Do not interrupt install process.
Follow you printed manual carefully. Please note:

Some Epson printers require USB cable to be disconnected during install. See your manual.
Advise

Thanks Ruffin. I did uninstall both the printer, and the driver package before attempting to reinstall, but no joy.

Restore Factory Settings (or Restore Default Settings) in the Setup menu.

Just to be sure you have the correct driver for Win 10.
Should be V6.62 here:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/...ies/Epson-Stylus-Photo-R2880/s/SPT_C11CA16201

Try install without Anti-Virus.

Have Win 10 find and install driver. Follow this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> At Top Of Page Click "Add A Printer"
Follow On Screen Instructions

You must un-install previous attempts for each of actions above.

The fact that it works with other computer suggests re-install Windows 10 Operating System.

Advise

Andy: One more thought:

After install, is your printer marked as "Default Printer" with green check mark. Follow this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> R2880 Icon must have Green Check
If not Right Click 2880 Icon & Select "Set As Default"

Advise

Ask a Question