Epson WF-7610 printer not working from desktop but will still AirPrint from iPhone

My Epson WF-7610 wouldn't print, and was giving a low ink message, so I replaced the relevant cartridge (with a proprietary Epson ink cartridge). After replacing the cartridge, the Supply Levels on the actual printer are showing as full, and I'm able to print a status page. But I still can't print from my desktop (MacOS 10.13). If I send something to print, the printing process is paused, I try to resume, and it pauses again. There is also a message in the Epson printer queue window saying 'The printer is low on ink'. I tried printing an email using AirPrint from my iPhone, and it works fine. What is going on? I have already rebooted the Mac and printer, still have the same problem. Have also updated the Epson firmware. Only other thing I can think of is that last month I installed an Epson Perfection scanner - could that somehow be interfering with the printing process? But then why the 'Low Ink level' warning, especially when the actual printer is happy with the ink levels?

Ask a Question