Epson XP-455 problem. Help please!

My printer came out with the message

"Printer error.
Turn power off and on again.
For details, see your documentation.
000041"

Following the instructions, I turned off and on again several times but it made no difference.

Then following some advice I found here https://medium.com/@JessecaDavies/h...ter-error-code-000041-easy-steps-cf843dbe7f3d I uninstalled the driver then eventually managed to reinstall it. (I first tried to re-install the driver from the disc using the Run InstallNavi.exe but kept getting the message installnavi stopped working. Eventually, I looked in the folders on the disc and found the WIN64 folder and used setup64 from that; the driver did install successfully from setup64.) Then I reconnected the Wi-Fi, but now when I try to print I get told that the printer is "Not ready" with this message;

"You cannot print offline. Connect the product to computer and turn the power on. Click [Online] when displayed, or click [Print Queue] and change settings to Online settings.

Alternatively, you can cancel the print job by clicking [Cancel] when displayed".

I checked the connection from the menu on the LCD screen on the printer, which claims that the connection is OK.

Also, when I connected the printer to the PC via the USB cable nothing happens when I click on print'.

The printer is XP-455; Serial number X5C8075233

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The printer has since begun to make a noise like a ratchet slipping.

Tried to photcopy but got message 'ink low' (black) briefly then 000041 error showed again. Turned off - ink carrier now partly out of 'home' position.

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

Ask a Question