Epson XP-6105 suddenly will not accept compatible inks.

I have had to use compatible inks for my XP-6105 printer due to the cost of Epson inks. I have never had any problem before but now, suddenly when my BK black ink cartridge (the large one) needs replacing, the printer will not recognise the replacement. Can anyone please offer any help as I have quite a stock of compatible inks.

Problem solved. I removed all the cartridges, turned the machine off then back on and replaced the cartridges in order one by one.

I have had to use compatible inks for my XP-6105 printer due to the cost of Epson inks. I have never had any problem before but now, suddenly when my BK black ink cartridge (the large one) needs replacing, the printer will not recognise the replacement. Can anyone please offer any help as I have quite a stock of compatible inks.
Your must have updated the firmware… Epson is notorious for putting in a fix to insure you only can use their inks.

If your Epson XP-6105 printer is no longer accepting compatible inks, here are a few steps to try. First, confirm that the ink cartridges are compatible with the printer. Clean the cartridge contacts and reinstall them securely. Reset the printer by turning it off and unplugging it for a few minutes. Check for any available firmware updates on Epson's support website. If the issue persists, contacting Epson's customer support may be necessary for further assistance.

Ask a Question