Error 0x61011beb on HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format E-All-In-One Printer - E910a

Greetings,

Apologies up front for perhaps a lengthy message.

An HP Officejet 7500A printer was donated to the homeschool where I tutor. There is no information available about the history of the printer.

It is evident that the printer worked with virtually empty/dry non-genuine HP ink cartridges, as these were found in the cradle inside the machine.

On switching on, and not connected to a computer, the screen displays the following message: "Non HP cartridges fitted". However, the printer does recognize the 4 non-HP cartridges fitted. The next screen displays the following message: "There is a problem with the printer. Refer to Printer Documentation 0x61011beb".

I've read the document referred to, and tried the applicable recommended procedures, but have not been successful in getting the printer to work.

Even when connecting the machine to a laptop (with Windows 7 32 bit OS and the driver pack installed), I cannot get the machine to work.

I did notice that there is a later firmware version available than installed on the machine. I am hesitant to go that route as I am sure that such an upgrade cannot be reversed.

At this stage I am at wits end as to what to do next as the school does not have the means to buy a new printer.

The school needs a wide format printer to print Engineering Graphics and Design assignment-, test- and exam papers, which are in A3 format.

Any guidance, assistance and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Tom aka TeeJay52.

Ask a Question