ET-4850 prints slanted

Hi. I have a brand new ET-4850 that prints slanted. I have tried everything from changing the surface it lies on to the type of paper to different alignments and printer head cleaning to the paper guides. Nothing will stop it from printing slanted. Basically, what I mean by printing slanted is the whitespace margin is thinner on one side of the page than the other. It's not printing it straight across. I uploaded an example of how it looks.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Hi, yes I was able to return it, but I'm puzzled what to buy instead unless I just got a bad one and should buy the same one again.

That can be tough. I tried an HP 7310 the printer is good, but the SW was simply awful and you had to use it even create a copy.
Having been used to the WF 3840 that was unacceptable. The only thing I miss from the HP is that the printheads were user replaceable (don't know about $) that is something Epson should look at.

I returned it and got the ET 4850 and so far its working fine in my network. Next step is to get it working from my iPad and iPhone.

I liked the printer otherwise, so on yours it does print straight? I think my example picture may be slightly exaggerated but for example if I measured the left long side of a standard paper size from the edge of an image to the margin compared to the right long side, it may be like 2 or 3 mm off and it was bugging me. But, if mine was just not normal, I would gladly buy it again.

Ask a Question