Faded streaks in oki c3300 colour laser printer

I run windows 10 64 bit and have an oki c3300 colour laser printer that I print to over my home lan. The prints had a vertical fade/streak down the page in the cyan colour - see attached pic 'print-using-old-image-drum.jpg', I figured it was a worn out drum or something so I bought and fitted a new cyan image drum (genuine oki) and a new cyan toner but the exact same streak is still there - see attached pic .print-using-new-image-drum.jpg. Both of these test pages have a cyan fade in the main title I also did a print using a colour test page I got off the internet - see colour-test-page.jpg. You can see the vertical streaks in the cyan colour only. The problem gets worse with text. I got some random text from wikipedia and pasted it into a word document and changed all the letters to blue and did a print - blue-text-page.jpg.and this is with a brand new cyan drum and toner. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• print-using-new-image-drum.jpg
    print-using-new-image-drum.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 779
  • colour-test-page.jpg
    colour-test-page.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,002
  • print-using-old-image-drum.jpg
    print-using-old-image-drum.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 687
  • blue-text-page.jpg
    blue-text-page.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
SOLVED:
I managed to solve this. If you lift the top lid on this printer there are four wipers that fit between the image drums when it is lowered. I noticed a lot of gunge on the wiper that sits immediately behind the cyan toner drum so I got a tissue and wiped it clean, did a print and wallah....perfect colour with no more fades or streaks.

Ask a Question