Force printer to print on low ink by puting the printer in user/maintance mode

I have a Canon pixma mx870. It is low on ink, it has two color cartridges that are low, it also has two black cartridges that have ink in them.
One of the black cartridges is full and the other is little bit low. Anyway it will start to print then the low on ink warning starts, and never prints anything.
So, one time at band camp, we had a Canon printer that did this and someone found out that if you went through this procedure like turning the printer off and back on holding the reset button then pressing the reset button 5 time or 7 times it would go into user or maintance mode then it would print when the low ink warning was up. My MX870 has no reset button only a stop button and a black and color button. What I would like to know is how to put the printer in user / maintain mode so it can print even thought there is a low ink warning.

20100105_open_675x450-d.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. {:)

Most printers automatically go into reserved mode when inks are low, check your manual or also check the LCD screen menus for options.

Ask a Question