Help understanding what types of paper i can use

Hello!

I was given a KODAK EASYSHARE SERIE 3 printer. Kodak says:

Print technology: Continuous tone thermal dye transfer

I suppose i can use photo paper. But my doubt is, can i use thermal paper (the one used in receipts)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You won't be able to use thermal paper in your Kodak printer.... Try any sort of photo paper or plain paper, however the thermal paper will just cause issues (smudging, screwing up the paper, etc).

Hopefully that helps.

Regards

INK HOUSE

Last edited:
No you can't use Thermal Paper. Plain Paper would be good for your Kodak Printer.

Regards,
Printingwatch.com

Thermal paper wouldn't print out anything in most conditions but with this printer which is a type of ribbon based sublimation thermal (as in heat) printer, it might melt the thermal paper (completely different) during transfer and I personally wouldn't try it. I'd stick to only photo paper intended for a photo printer (HP, Epson, etc should be fine) but I wouldn't use anything else. If say you cut your own paper and it had a thin overcoat of gloss, it might stick to the thermal component of the printer. And though you might not notice it right away, the quality of your prints would degrade over time and at some point without taking apart the printer and cleaning it, it would become unusable. The benefit to this type of printer is not only the ease of use but also the quality (the photos become water resistant like actual processed photos and they come out vivid). The downside is the limited options and cost.

Ask a Question