How can I get my Brother MFC-L2710DW Multifunction to appear in Windows Fax & Scan?

I am using the subject printer on a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC. I recently did a clean reinstall of the OS and need to reinstall the printer. Windows automatically installed drivers that allow me to use the printer and scanner. But they don't support using the fax.

I really don't want to reinstall the whole Brother driver package on my nice new clean install just to add the fax, but I need it. It has way too much bloatware that I don't need.

What I would love to be able to do is use the Windows Fax & Scan app that is built into Windows for faxing. My last Brother multifunction printer was able to do that.

But when I open Windows Fax and Scan with this printer, the fax device in the printer does not appear under the Tools>Fax Settings>General Tab. The "Select fax device" button is deactivated and cannot be clicked. There are no devices to select.

Is there any way I can get Windows Fax & Scan to be able to see the fax machine in this printer?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Ask a Question