How long can you keep toner cartridges in side the printer without use?

Hello there,

I've being using a HP LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw for two years. I got this unit because it provides all the option that I was looking for, good color printing quality, printing speed, scanner with ADF that hold 50 pages, wi-fi, etc. I'm still using it with the original introductory toner cartridges that came with the printer and now I'm running low on the yellow toner. At the beginning I was printing normal loads but as I start scanning my documents I print less. I still have 50% on the black, 40% on the Cyan, 50% on the Magneta and 30% on the Yellow, and that's after two years. My concern is that if I buy the 410A cartridges which are the lowest toner yield cartridges, they will get spoiled for lack of use.

The other point is the cost, I was looking at compatible replacement alternatives but all of them are compatible with the 410X that are high yield toner cartridges. After two years I have printer less than 1000 pages with the introductory toner cartridges and the lowest one still have 30%. So my concern is if it is good to have high yield cartridges without use.

Please recommend compatible replacement toner cartridges.

Please advice.

Ask a Question