How to change DPI manually?

Is it possible to change DPI to a custom number like 400dpi, or 450dpi? I want to save on ink costs, but also print decent looking pages.

Fast Draft is 300dpi / 300dpi
Normal is 600dpi / 600dpi

The 300dpi Fast Draft use to be ideal for me (on XP) and it looked great, but for whatever reason after I installed Windows 7 everything I print on Fast Draft is very poor quality. :confused: It is strange that it looks better if printed under XP as opposed to 7, when all the settings are identical.

Meanwhile, the 600dpi Normal is overkill for my needs. I print a lot everyday and I really need to save on ink costs. So, since Fast Draft is no longer good, can it be change to something like 400dpi? or 450dpi for that matter. Somewhere in the middle between Fast Draft and Normal.

Right click on the desktop> then click on display>then click on set custom text size>then left click and drag to increase/decrease the dpi

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply, but I think that is unrelated. That should only be for viewing fonts on the screen (96dpi default). The printing is completely separate.

Ask a Question